Hi Everyone. I don’t have a review coming up for a little while and I’ve been meaning to get to this for a while now. I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Escape Into Pages and GalifreyIdiot. Thank you so much.
For those of you who are not familiar with it, the Liebster Award was created as a way to discover new blogs and it has the added benefit of helping readers get to know a little more about those bloggers by answering some questions. Each one has a different set of rules and since I was nominated twice I’m just going to combine the two. Since this post was already long. Just answer the questions I answered. Enjoy!
1) What is a book that you can read over and over again and never get tired of it?
To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. That is my all time favorite book and it’s the reason why I enjoy reading and writing.
2) Which book do you think has a gorgeous cover?
I really Love the Shatter Me Trilogy covers. They are different and so beautiful.
3) What is your favorite book-to-film adaptation and why?
I feel like I haven’t seen enough book to film adaptations to have a favorite. But if I had to choose I would say Divergent because I loved seeing some of my favorite characters come to life.
4) Why did you start blogging about books?
I decided to start this blog as a place where people interested in the creative writing, publishing, and reading areas could come together. I just wanted to put it all out there for everyone to enjoy. People always ask why do you blog instead of keeping a personal journal. My answer to that is quite simple. I started my blog because I wanted to share my thoughts and opinions with others. I see my blog as my oasis. Hence the name. It’s a place where I can connect with others who have the same interest as me. Also it’s just another way to express myself. Compared to a personal journal where I would be the only one that sees it.
5) Who is your favorite author and why?
6) How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
It’s very rare but I’m very open to all genres. It has to really grab my attention.
7) When you are at the bookstore or library, what is it that captures your attention and makes you buy a particular book?
Usually it’s the first thing I see which is the cover, then the blurb on the back.
8) If you could assume the role of a particular character, who would it be and why?
9) In your honest opinion, which book was over-hyped but left you disappointed?
Thats easy. Miss Peregrines Home For Peculiar Children. I didn’t enjoy it at all compared to everyone else.
10) How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
I really hate having to give a negative review but if I didn’t enjoy the book and I think its something a possible reader needs to know then its what needs to be done. But I always make sure when I’m giving my opinion that it’s constructive criticism. I always make sure to point out what I felt was wrong with the book and why I didn’t enjoy it.
11) What’s your most recent read?
An Ember In The Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
12) If you could visit any fictional place, where would it be?
Hogwarts. Of course. I’ve visited the Hogwarts in Orlando, FL which amazing, I can only imagine the real thing.
The people I nominate for this are just a few of my favorite blogs here, you should check them out when you have the chance: